Technical Engagement Manager
June 30, 2021
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple global delivery teams.
- Take accountability for client satisfaction, delivery quality, and growth.
- Work with onsite account managers in identifying new opportunities and resource requirements for account growth.
- Lead the Request for Proposal (RFP) activities from offshore for new opportunities and defend the proposals.
- Prepare metrics regarding the engagement on a regular basis and present it to the management.
- Act as a single point-of-contact for the account from offshore.
- Work with HR and hiring teams to ensure timely fulfillment of resource needs.
- Lead the business review meetings with the customer.
- Mentor the next-level leaders.
- Should be comfortable in leading and following the groups or teams.
- Bring top-notch consulting or relationship management skills and a deep appreciation of IT tools, techniques, systems, and solutions.
- Conceptualize, analyze, and create blueprints for business transformations and present solutions.
- Maintain healthy account margins.
- Be a part of architecture, design, program planning discussions with senior client stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions and publish case studies. Take accountability for maintaining program or project documents in a knowledge-base repository.
- Identify accelerators and innovations.
- Understand complex inter-dependencies to identify the right team composition for delivery.
Program / Project Management
- Take charge of program or project objectives and prepare a plan.
- Identify the benefits and success criteria of the program or project.
- Track and define the benefits for report creation.
- Identify dependencies and critical decision or discussion points.
- Conduct program reviews with relevant stakeholders to identify or manage issues to ensure its smooth delivery.
- Provide delivery governance and resolve escalated project issues affecting the program.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of key individuals on the account across multiple project teams.
- Monitor all phases of the project (requirement gathering, initiation including design, execution and closure) on a regular basis and suggest corrective actions.
- Track actual vs. planned program or project progress using KRAs and KPIs.
- Take charge of conflict, risk, and dependency management.
- Scope Management: In case of any change in the program, conduct impact analysis on the cost and other organizational parameters, and share findings with the client.
- Build relationships with key project team members on a frequent basis via performance reviews and updates. Keep them motivated; understand their concerns and suggestions.
- Resolve team conflicts, if any, between multiple work streams or groups or individuals.
- Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of the team.
- Identify training needs for associates based on the client’s changing focus.
- Motivate the team to participate in recruitment drives, training, and other organizational initiatives.
- Strong experience in Java / J2EE web development tech stack along with agile.
- Excellent communication skills along with experience in managing and motivating high-performance teams and individuals.
- Expertise in program management and managing multiple tracks at the same time.
- Strong experience in e-commerce or a client with a retail background.
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence others to drive results across the organization.
- Creative problem-solving skills for teams, project deliverables, and cross-functional issues amidst changing priorities.
- Skillfully manage the changing operational goals and demands by being flexible and resourceful.
- Experience in project management and/or delivery offshore or onshore models and agile development process.
- Passionate about operational excellence and governance.
- Proven ability to set expectations and communicate status to technical, business, or executive teams and take ownership of all critical issues to get a logical closure.
- Experience of working in matrix organizations with varying technology practices.
- Ability to manage 50+ resources in single or multiple accounts.
- A Project Management Professional-certified candidate will have an advantage.