December 16, 2020
We are seeking a hands-on Manager who has experience leading large Big Data environments spread across thousands of nodes and petabytes of data. We look forward to a dynamic manager with a background & experience that looks like this:
- Grown into leadership roles after proving technical skills in individual contributor roles but still enjoys hands on work when the situation calls for it.
- You have designed and built large data environments for availability, security and reliability.
- You keep yourself informed about the choices and trade off as the new technology evolves in big data landscape.
- You have an eye for talent and hire and grow your engineers by mentoring and challenging them.
- You will collaborate across many teams to deliver on projects related to big data platform and data pipeline and provide SRE support for reliability of these managed services.
- You will have significant opportunity to influence and shape our big data platform strategy and data products as we work on the next generation of our architecture, platform and processes.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ Years of Management experience leading team of engineers
- Hands on manager who likes troubleshooting complex performance and scale problems
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills – Lead by example to motivate and challenge the team to deliver their best.
- 8+ years of experience in Hadoop based technologies – Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark-SQL, Spark-Streaming, Python & PySpark, Kafka, Flume and Scala
- Very good experience in GCP Big Query, Bigtable
- Good experience in APM tools like Dynatrace and log aggregation tools like Splunk
- Good experience in workflow management tools like Apache Airflow
- Familiarity with incident life cycle management tools like ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, etc
- Zoom in and zoom out to clear out ambiguity and set a clear path forward
- Experience managing Hadoop clusters with hundreds of nodes and petabytes of data running thousands of jobs
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools to eliminate the toil
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- The candidate should be adapt at prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
- Should be highly proactive with a keen focus on improving uptime and availability of mission-critical services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
- Excellent communication, client engagement and client management skills are strongly preferred.
SRE, BigData, GCP/BigQuery